Saturday, February 23, 2008

We is almost a year old!

Its almost a year since CanuckEngineer started. Sure the posting has been sporadic, but it would never have happened had I not gotten my wisdom teeth pulled one fine morning in March, and get Vicodin'd out of my mind. For the next few days, all i did was stay at home, pop the pills and blog on this site. I suppose you can say.. I'll always have that March OD on painkillers...

That got me thinking. Over the past few years, I've had a couple of such few-day or few month instances which in their own way were more than significant in the life of the Canuck Engineer.

I'll always have:

  • Bomber Night
  • IRS... when we earned that Iron Ring!

I also learn to not ask questions during ER or Prison Break. If you do, the first time you'll be ignored. The second time, you'll be shushed. The third time, the DVR will be paused, and you'll get a strong bitchslap from your roommate.

  • the 5-course meal
  • GradBall

Don't take calls during dinner at North 44. If you do, you'll get a strong bitchslap from your date and you could get replaced by the waiter

  • CindyBear
  • Jays game in the Rain.....

Do please the non-baseball fan with an icecream to distract them while you watch Roy Halladay pitch. If you don't, your ER favors from above will be returned in kind.

  • "That First Sale"
  • Sassafras

Don't assume you have car-fixing skills and that your can paint/reattach your side view mirrors on your car. If you do, you will fail.. and have to sell your car off in the next couple of weeks.

  • The GO Train Doors
  • XLR for the birthday weekend

Don't speed during speedtraps at the US/Canadian border. If you do, you'll get a strong bitchslap from the cop waiting for you in the median.

  • Altoids
  • "WoF"

and finally, don't assume that a prix fix menu makes it affordable for you to take 6 people out for dinner. If you do, you'll get a strong bitchslap from the gay server when you do a doubletake on the cheque..


Well, them was some good months....Most of you will have a strong "WTF" while reading this, so the next time I'm giving thanks, I'll bring to you my experiences with dem cops right thurr.

-Canuck Engineer

No comments: