Friday, February 29, 2008

A Night in The NightLIfe

"So what DOO you do for a living?", asked the young co-ed

"I'm a magician!"

"ya, ok, that's probably your move in clubs like this, but seriously what do you do?"

"You mean, when I'm not a marine?"

"Yes, when you're not performing magic, or being a marine"

"oh y0u mean when the world is not allowed the pleasure of my services.."

"Canuck, can you tell me already, what you do, otherwise I'm walking away from this table, and not paying for you drink"

Now this was a huge threat, because you never wanna turn down a free drink, and since I'd already got a drink and 3 smokes for my friends from her friends, I suppose I shouldn't screw this one up.

"Do you have a cell phone?"

the bitch shield goes up.. her friend says.. "No"

"Really.. You claim you don't have a cell phone in your purse?"

"Ya, I dont' need a cellphone to talk to my friends", said the friend..

Ringgggggg Ringngggggggg

As soon as she said she didnt' own a phone, her phone rang

She looked more sheepish than she could ever imagine.. Victory was mine. The bitch shield was off.

The British chick continued..."So Canuck, are you ever gonna say what you do"

"Yea.. Do you have a cell phone?"

"Of course I do"

"Well, Do you like to talk on it"

"Duhh..what else is a phone good for?"

"Ya.. I only use my phone to answer calls that my friends call me for. What do you use one for?" said the friend with the bitch shield slowly wearing off

"Well, I dunno.. All I do with Cell phones is I make it happen... I make your cell phone work"

"So you're a cell phone dude? are y0u one of those guys at the mall hollering at chicks for cell phones?"

"umm.. ya, I suppose I am a cell phone dude.. but no I dont' work at malls.. Just clubs like this, where i sell you new cell phones"

"But I don't want a new cell phone. I'm happy with this new phone of mine.. I even got a pink case for it"

"Well, if you had a new cell phone, you could call people on Verizon for free"

"Well, I already have Verizon.. Are you on Verizon also? So I could call you, and it wouldnt' cost us. Whats your number?" asked the hot Brit.

Victory was mine. A chick was asking me for digits... AND she was hot!!! And then she and her friend started gazing at each other verrrry lovingly...and then they got closer...

BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP


BEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP


I woke up. with a start.. The damn alarm clock said.. ."9:48" The dot on the AM was on.

I was late for my 10 am meeting!

and so another day started. Nice Dream.... and late to a meeting..

This is the life...for the Canuck Engineer.

No comments: