Sunday, February 10, 2008

He Said, She Said

There aint nothing common between a male mind and that of a female.. Nothing..
As a direct corollary from that, men and women have different definitions for most things...

Some classics of course are..

Female: "I have a headache"
Translation: "You behaved like an ass over dinner, and I'm cutting you off for a while"

Male: "I have a headache"
Translation: "My favorite team lost today. I'm going to sleep.... but i'll still have time for a quickie!"

Female: "Its not you, its me!"
Translation: "Its you!"

Male: "I'm just going golfing"
Translation: "I can barely swing a club. I just want to get away from my wife.. and the kids.. and the chores....even if just for a few hours.."


But then there's the sense of timing that varies drastically between men and women..

A woman saying "I'm late" can cause untold effects on men, symptoms including jaw dropping, butt clenching, sever choking & asphyxiation, and usually uncontrolled sobbing.. Sometimes, all of the above.

A Man saying "I'm late" would usually be met by the response "About friggin time you showed up, Canuck!"

I was reading a blog the other day, about how women may consider a couple of months without a boyfriend an eternity. Yet I'm sure there are men in this world with dry spells that would make the Sahara jealous.

If a bunch of girls at a party say "they're tired", its usually that they're bored. If a bunch of attractive men were to appear in their eyeline, they'd likely outstay the rest of the party-ers.

If however a guy at a party says "I'm tired", it just means that there is a sausage overload at that party, all of them trying to game the lone girl who showed up. He's just cutting his losses and licking his wounds.

When the Canuck Engineer says "I'm tired", it just means he's finding an excuse to be home to play his newly acquired Wii. :)

No comments: