Saturday, August 16, 2008

Impressions from the first week at the Beijing Olympicsof

The Olympics started last Friday, 08/08/08. Some random thoughts:

  • The opening ceremony was the best ever...no doubt about it
  • 200 ft foldable LCD screen... how do you top that!
  • Equestrian is not an Olympic sport. its not a sport... its a midget riding a horse.... sl0wly..! Its like going to the retarded horse races!
  • Where the hell is the ping-pong coverage on NBC? I need me some ping pong action
  • Micheal Phelps eats 10,000 calories a day... that's 5 times the average male's consumption!
  • That's almost twice my daily consumption :) (*yea, i been cutting back) :P
  • Shawn Johnson, from the US Women's gym team, has the best temperament of any gymnast I've seen these olympics. Bullets could bounce off her suit, and she'd be unfazed
  • Alicia Sacramone broke a lot of hearts when she screwed up the US womens Gymnast team event... then again, judging by her appearance, breaking hearts may not be anything new to her
  • Nastia Lukin deserved that gold medal. She should thank the lord that, with a name like that, she's still easy on the eye. How much would it suck to be named "Nastia Lukin" and be Nasty Looking!!!
  • Micheal Phelps is a stud... 'nuff said
  • Canada has fewer medals than India... and India just got their first ever gold medal... yes, India has 1 medal. for the non-engineers reading this, that would mean Canada has as many medals so far in these Olympics as I do!
  • Bela Karoliy, the former US gymnastic coach, the one of coaching Nadia to the first perfect 10 fame, is hilarious. I love his candor... more commentators like him.. less Political Correctness!
  • The Chinese Gymnasts are NOT 16. Some of them may be 14. Babytooth is not 16.. Babytooth is 8.. if you don't know who I'm talking about.. you haven't seen the Chinese Women's team these Olympics!
  • Misty May adds the "hot" in "Olympics". Wait, that would've worked a lot better during "Hotlanta '96".. Sigh.. i'm 12 years too late!
  • The US alternate turned starting Male Gymnast, Raj B, has it going on!
  • Watching the 3rd Alternate Male Gymnast break into tears after the US Male team won the Team bronze was my softest moment yet. I might shed a tear..
  • In other news, I just lost my last Man-Card!
  • Did I mention Micheal Phelps is a stud?
  • Togo has 2 medals.. That would be two more medals than Canada has!
  • Watching Team Canada has no Happy Ending. Where's a massage parlor when you need one!
  • What's the deal with these Swimsuits? How does every record get broken in the Preliminary Heats? and then Re-broken in the next heat? At this rate, the 100m Track would be done in 8s!
  • Speaking of Track, this might be the greatest 100m event ever. 3 finalists who've broken 9.8s!
  • My biased self feels Ben Johnson would've escaped unscathed if he ran for the US team instead of Canada's!
  • These Olympics are wrecking my sleep schedule!
  • Watching Nigeria play soccer takes me back to my middle-school days. Go Supah Eaguls!
  • Thank God for Women's Beach Volleyball
  • On another unrelated topic, Thank God for HD Tv!

These are my impressions from the first week. I wish the Olympics would happen more than once ever four years!

No comments: