Saturday, March 22, 2008

All in Night's work!

rrrriinnnnnnnnnnggggg ringgggggggggg

I will not miss that goddamned phone!

ringgggggggggggg ringggggggggg. ringggggggg ringggggggggggggggggg

Thank goodness I won't have to deal with ring over at Kelsey's. I will not miss that goddamned phone!

"Jose, why don't you grab that phone, and answer it already"

"You sure you don't want to answer the calls on your last day at the Hut?" inquired Jose.
"Alright..Settle down Cathal, I got it"

Thank you for calling the Hut, Jose speakin.. how may I help you

"Cathal, they're demanding to speak with the manager"

On my last friggin day, are you kidding me?

"Deal with the issue, offer them something else"

"Cathal, they asked to speak with you"

sigh. They're going to chew me out.. and demand a huge discount...

why the hell could Devon not take my last shift. Thank goodness I'll never be here on a Saturday ever again. !

"Hi, I'm Cathal, the manager of this store. I understand there's a problem"

"Cathal, is that your name? Well, it took us about 15 minutes before anyone answered the phone for this call. Our food took forever to arrive., and when it did, the bread sticks didn't have cheese spread evenly on them. " the entitled lady at the other end yelled!

I'm friggin checked out already! I won't miss the complaining customers!

"I'm sorry Ma'am, We've had an unusually busy evening, and we might have rushed through the order"

"But that's my point.. this is supposed to be a restaurant. Don't you know how to run this place. This is no Mom & Pop store. We should be treated better", continued Ms. Personality

This is textbook.

"I apologize ma'am that your expectations havent' been met tonight. As a token of appreciation of your continued patronage, I'd gladly re-cook your entire order, and have it delivered to you , for the price of 'on the Hut'."

sigh..would it be unprofessional to spit in her food before I send it out for delivery?

"Thats fine. We'll take it in that case. But we're not pleased!" Click!

The cardinal rule of Food & Beverage holds true.. all customers are the devil!!

I will NOT miss answering the phone!

"Cathal, Can you grab Line2?" huffed Jose

Are you kidding.. It took all my mental strength to not cuss out the Drama Queen in the last phone call, I can not handle another complaint at this point

"Jose, I told you, I'm not touching that phone again tonight.. just grab the order and deal with it"

"Cathal, its for YOU!"

sigh. 1 more hour. I cannot wait to never come back again!

"Cathal speaking"

"Hey Cathal, its Mindy! "

Ah, the cute coordinator for the peewee league. Makes the phone call a tad easier to handle now :)

" Guess what! Middleton Stars won their final league game yesterday, we're in the playoffs for Saturday. Thanks so much for the special pizza's during the entire season"

"Thats great to hear!"

".....The kids loved your pizzas so much, they made you a uniform, and the entire team signed it. They want to give it to you at the Playoff Dinner on Saturday, at the Hut. Lil Brandon came up with your name "PizzaMan". "

"....."

"Cathal, are you there?"

"mm... m.... Mindy... I might not be working that shift"

whats that lump in my throat.. I can't speak

"Cathal, we all really hope you'll stop by even if you're not working that shift. "

"I'll try Mindy. Good luck for the game though

"uh.. Cathal.?."

"Yes, Mindy?"

"umm.. The kids aren't the only ones looking forward to seeing you on Saturday night! Bye!"

...
....
.....
......
I stared at the handset.

I will miss that goddamned phone, after all.

No comments: