Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Buoyancy of Citrus

"I went waterskiing* last weekend"
"Score.. "Do you know how to swim?"
"Nah man"
"Wow, that's ballsy. did you have a lifejacket on?"
"I had one, but it dint' fit. But not to worry, I had a lime"
"A lime?"
"Yea, last time I had a Jack & Coke, it had a lime in it."
"ookay?"
"Well, I saw the lime float. So I figured the next time I'm on a boat, and it capsizes, I'd reach for a lime"
"People saw me water-skiing without a lifejacket and they said what the hell, and I pulled out a lime.... and a lemon.."

Saved by the buoyancy of citrus!


Disclaimer: The above story may have some mild exaggerations of truth....for large values of mild.

I WAS on a speedboat last weekend.. and I did wear my newly acquired swim trunks, that closely resemble Beyonce's hotpants.. which is a story that I won't get into for the betterment of society in general.... and the lifejacket didn't fit... but fortunately elasticity is a brilliant property of lifepreservers.. and No, I did Not have any lime on me, but I just couldn't pass up a Mitch Hedberg bit like so :)

No comments: