Monday, August 20, 2007

Corporate Musings

Like I mentioned earlier, I've been swamped at work. I'd love to do this all day, but it takes a computer and DSL connection for me to update my blog. For me to support those things, I sorta have to go to work and earn my paycheque. Every six months, they pretend to review me and thrown a nickel my way. Its that time again, maybe they'll reward my hardwork and toss a dime my way this time around.. and no, I did not mean dime bag. Yes, I know I'm a Canuck, we're not all potheads :)

All this work stuff had me reminiscing about the days when the Internet was new, and forwarded emails were the rage. Remember all those emails which Bill Gates was tracking and would pay you $5 for each forward? How about the one about the kidneys getting mysteriously removed? And of course the famous Nigerian Prince who wanted to give you a few billion to help him out. ah, those were the days.

In between those forwards, there were a couple of pretty funny ones. Given the time of the year, I thought sharing some of these might be appropriate. Note that, while this blog is usually all original content, the next couple of posts are attributed to anonymous wisemen. Men who were wise and funny...a far cry from me.. The Canuck Engineer

No comments: