Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"OMG... You smell really good... What cologne is that".. exclaims the waitress as she chooses to lean onto our table to rest her tired legs and ask us about our next round of drinks..

"Jean-Paul Gaultier?..Am I right?" continued the damsel.

"Sorry", I said", "That's just my B.O. You should really smell me when I actually have cologne on.!"

"aww common.. Its Givenchy?.. gotta be Givenchy".

I shook my head with a smile...rather amused at how this conversation had evolved.

"Gucci? Are you sure its not Gaultier?"

I just shook my head.. with a bigger grin.. cuz the wheels were turning..

"Its actually just him." as I pointed to the guy seated across the table... my good ole buddy Junior..

"Yeah.. its really his smell on me that you find so fragrant", I said with my best matter-of-fact face.

"Oh.. That's cool".. she quipped, without skipping a beat.

"Yeah, Its my cologne you can smell on him.. He always ends up stealing my scent" said Junior, getting into the story..

"wow.. you guys really boyfriends? I just didn't picture that when you came in".

"Now what is that supposed to mean? Are you not supportive of our lifestyle choices?"

"No.. no no no.. I mean yes.. absolutely.. So how long have you been dating?"

"Well, I just met him today after nearly 10 years" This part was true.. We were middle school buddies who went to neighboring colleges and then Junior went up and left to the UK in our sophomore year and I didn't really see him since then...

"We never did go through the college experimentation phase.. So just trying to see if that spark is still there".

"Oh.. well.. great.. are you guys kidding?"

By this time, Junior was cracking up... so that gave the lady a chance to get up and collect herself.

"So, would you guys like another round of Rickards Red?" Rickards.. one of my favorite brews, found only in Canuckland.. which I was happy to be visiting after a while..

So she comes back a few minutes later with a pitcher...

"... and seriously though.. was it Gaultier or Givenchy?"

"I really don't remember"

"It has to be... .See, I know my men's colognes"...

and then pours us each a glass of Hefeweizen. "Enjoy your Rickards guys"

Colognes she might have known...The difference between Rickards and Heff... not so much.

But even that wheat pour couldn't affect the great evening I had catching up with an ole bud...."Jimmy quit.. Jodie got married.." y'know that kind of thing..
Guess we all enjoy talking about our Summers of '69! :)

-The Canuck "not that old yet" Engineer!

No comments: